North Carolina Board of Nursing
Licensure Resources For New Graduates
1. Apply for licensure with the North Carolina Board of Nursing ($75)
2. Review materials for the NCLEX® Examination for Licensure
For information on the National Council Licensure EXamination (NCLEX®) visit National Council State Boards of Nursing.
This site includes the candidate bulletin and information that is necessary to review for the NCLEX® examination.
Questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Register and pay at Pearson Vue Testing Centers ($200)
For information on the testing centers visit Pearson Vue.
This site includes information about registering, Authorization to Test (ATT) letters, scheduling/rescheduling, and acceptable identification documents.
Questions email: email@example.com
4. Receive eligibility from the NCBON
Check Exam Status
5. Receive Authorization to Test (ATT) letter from Pearson VUE.
6. Schedule your examination appointment with Pearson VUE.
7. Arrive for examination appointment and present your ATT letter and acceptable identification (ID).
8. Receive your results from the NCBON approximately four weeks after your examination.