- Public Complaints
- Employer Complaints
- Investigation & Resolution
- Reinstatement Following Discipline
- PREP Remediation Program
- Drug Monitoring Programs
- Chemical Dependency Resources
- Child Support Delinquency
- Disciplinary Actions Logs
- FAQ - Discipline & Compliance
Chemical Dependency Discipline Program (CDDP)
The CDDP is a disciplinary program for a nurse whose competency may be impaired because of the use of drugs and/or alcohol and is not eligible for the Alternative Program for Chemical Dependency. Participation in the CDDP is public information. Documents are posted on the Board of Nursing's licensure verification system which further describes the specific case.
Objectives of CDDP include the following:
- To ensure the health, safety and welfare of the public through a program that closely monitors nurses impaired by drugs and/or alcohol.
- Provide a process for nurses to recover from impairment and become safe practitioners.
If you would like additional information about the CDDP, you may contact the Monitoring Coordinator using one of the following methods:
- Phone: Candace Elliott at (919) 782-3211 ext. 228
- Write the Chemical Dependency Discipline Program:
North Carolina Board of Nursing
Post Office Box 2129
Raleigh, North Carolina 27602
Download the One Year Sobriety Notebook.