- News & Announcements
- Consumer Information
- Calendar Of Events
- Online Services, Forms & Applications
- FAQ Knowledge Base
- Data Requests & Statistics
Data Requests & Application
The North Carolina Board of Nursing provides a service for the purchase of licensure data for any of the following:
- Registered Nurses ($430)
- Licensed Practical Nurses ($330)
- Nurse Aide II ($275)
- All Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (Includes NP, CNM, CRNA and CNS) ($225)
Fees include handling charge and appropriate sales tax.
Payment Options: Credit or debit card (MasterCard or Visa) or check.
A data request will result in a list of records (data set) containing only nurses who are active and in good standing. Note: Information pertaining to discipline of a nurse cannot be requested.
The file format will be Comma Separated Variable (CSV) file which can be manipulated by Microsoft Excel, Open Office Calc or other spreadsheet software. Each different data set will result in a separate file. For example, all LPN’s will be in a separate CSV file from the RN’s, if you request both data sets.
- Social Security numbers and telephone numbers are NOT included in the data.
- Licensees are responsible for updating their name and address information. Therefore, the accuracy of the data on record with NC Board of Nursing CANNOT be guaranteed by NC Board of Nursing.
- Data is current as of the time the data request is completed by NC Board of Nursing.
- View the data elements you will receive based on your request.
Method of Delivery:
- Files will be emailed
Please allow up to five business days for delivery of the data.
Statistics for currently licensed RN’s, LPN’s and NA II’s are available on our website. Click to view these statistics.
Recap of steps for requesting data from NC Board of Nursing:
- Complete Data Request Forms (all in one PDF)
- Review and Sign Terms of Agreement
- Mail correct payment amount along with Data Request Form, signed Terms of Agreement and invoice to NC Board of Nursing.
Once the above items are received, your data set will be sent within five business days.