- Programs in North Carolina
- Nursing Education Program Statistics
- Programs Outside of North Carolina
- Internationally Educated Nurses
- Resources for Program Directors
- Nursing Program Director Gateway
- NCLEX Program Data
- Program Completion Verification
- NCLEX Presentation for Directors
- Education Forms
- Education Consultant Assignments
- Just Culture Information
- Approval for Program Expansion
- Assessing a Clinical Agency
- Suggestions for Utilization of Preceptors
- Position Statements
- Education Communique
- New Graduates Resources & Information
- Focused Client Care Experience Guidelines
- Programs that meet Faculty .0318(g)(4)(A) Teaching/Learning Requirements
- Students / Public Complaints
- Continuing Education
- Board Sponsored Offerings
- Board Sponsored Bulletin Offerings
- Request an NCBON Speaker
- CNE Approval
- Unlicensed Assistive Personnel
- Medication Aide Curriculum
- FAQ - Nursing Education
Board Sponsored Offerings
Understanding the Scope of Practice and Role of the LPN
The North Carolina Board of Nursing in 2008 and 2009 comprehensively reviewed the scope of practice and role of the LPN. The Board determined that clarification of the scope and role of the LPN was needed and requested revisions to related documents. After approving the revisions the Board voted to have the information disseminated to all licensed nurses and to employers. This online course entitled “Understanding the Scope of Practice and Role of the LPN” is provided to accomplish that end.
There is no fee for this webcast. Preparation and viewing time is approximately 1 hour. This webcast will be available for viewing starting at 9:00am on July 12, 2010.
Please read the below information carefully in preparation for viewing the webcast:
To receive contact hours you must read the following handouts:
- Pages 3 & 4 of Nursing Practice Act
- Scope Comparison Chart
- LPN Scope of Practice Clarification
- RN Scope of Practice Clarification
- Scope of Practice Decision Tree for the RN and LPN
- Decision Tree for Delegation to UAP
Related Position Statements
- Accepting an Assignment
- Competency Validation
- Delegation and Assignment of Nursing Activities
- Staff Development
You must register for the webcast:
- Register for this Webcast (confirmation number needed to view webcast)
Then you may view the webcast and print the certificate:
PLEASE NOTE: You must print your certificate immediately following the webcast.
- To view and print handout documents and the Contact Hours certificate you must have Acrobat Reader installed.
- To view the webcast, REAL Player will need to be downloaded, installed and tested on each end user's PC prior to viewing.
Anyone that is able to view the ITS Real Player Test Link should have no problems viewing any ITS-sponsored streaming event.
- Some sites may experience connectivity issues within firewalls. For firewall troubleshooting assistance please click here.
- To report issues with viewing the webcast or printing documents contact the Education Department at email@example.com