- Programs in North Carolina
- Nursing Education Program Statistics
- Programs Outside of North Carolina
- Internationally Educated Nurses
- Resources for Program Directors
- Nursing Program Director Gateway
- NCLEX Program Data
- Program Completion Verification
- Education Forms
- Education Consultant Assignments
- Just Culture Information
- Approval for Program Expansion
- Assessing a Clinical Agency
- Suggestions for Utilization of Preceptors
- Education Communique
- New Graduates Resources & Information
- Focused Client Care Experience Guidelines
- Programs that meet Faculty .0318(g)(4)(A) Teaching/Learning Requirements
- Students / Public Complaints
- Continuing Education
- Board Sponsored Offerings
- Board Sponsored Bulletin Offerings
- What Could Happen: The Consequences of "Practice Drift" ... Is it Worth the Risk?
- Development of Sanctioning Guidelines for Public Discipline in Nursing Regulation: The North Carolina Board of Nursing Journey
- Creating a Healthy Work Environment is Every Nurses' Responsibility
- Who's Your Supervisor or Manager?
- Getting to Know Your Licensing Board: the North Carolina Board of Nursing at a Glance
- Uh oh, the Board of Nursing called...Complaint Reporting and Resolution
- Social Networking and Nurses
- DELEGATION: What are the Nurse's Responsibilities?
- Fitness for Duty includes Getting Your ZZZZs
- Incivility in Nursing
- Public Protection Through Safe Nurse Staffing Practice
- Competency Validation: What Does it Mean for You?
- Request an NCBON Speaker
- CNE Approval
- Unlicensed Assistive Personnel
- Medication Aide Curriculum
- Position Statements
- FAQ - Nursing Education
Board Sponsored Offerings
Continuing Education Activities
The North Carolina Board of Nursing is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Please see Disclosure Statement at bottom of webpage. Contact hour certificates will be presented to participants who attend workshops in their entirety.
After you register, please write down your confirmation number.(Contact Hours Registration Deadline is July 1, 2018)
Provides information clarifying the LPN scope of practice.
An important course for RNs, LPNs, and employers of LPN.
There is no registration fee.
Legal Scope of Practice Online Course (2.3 CHs)
Individual Version | Nursing Program Directors Version
After you register, please write down your confirmation number.Contact Hours Registration Deadline is July 1, 2018)
The purpose of this offering is to provide information and clarification regarding the legal scope of practice parameters for licensed nurses in North Carolina.
$40.00 fee required.
Provides an introduction to the basic principles of Just Culture and the use of these concepts in evaluating the reportability of untoward events to the Board.
- Click here to register (the next step is to Complete Evaluation)
- Click here to complete this evaluation (the next step is to View & Print Certificate)
View & Print Certificate
The registration and evaluation forms must be completed before you can access and print your continuing education certificate
Orientation Sessions for Administrators of Nursing Services and Mid-Level Nurse Managers (4.6 CHs)
Information sessions regarding the functions of the Board of Nursing and how these functions impact the roles of the chief nurse administrator and mid-level nurse manager in all types of nursing service settings. $40.00 fee
All sessions will be held at the North Carolina Board of Nursing in Raleigh, NC from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
To register, select one of the dates below:
Please note: Registration is limited to those in chief nurse administrator and mid-level nurse manager roles.
NCBON CNE Contact Hour Activity Disclosure Statement
The following disclosure applies to any NCBON continuing nursing education activity:
Participants must attend the entire session(s) in order to be awarded CNE contact hours. Verification of participation will be noted by signature. No influential financial relationships have been disclosed by planners or presenters which would influence the planning of the activity. If any arise, an announcement will be made at the beginning of the session. No commercial support has influenced the planning of the educational objectives and content of the activity. Any commercial support will be used for events that are not CNE related. There is no endorsement of any product by NCNA or ANCC associated with the session(s). No session(s) relates to products governed by the Food and Drug Administration. If it did, appropriate and off-label use will be shared.