- Programs in North Carolina
- Nursing Education Program Statistics
- Programs Outside of North Carolina
- Internationally Educated Nurses
- Resources for Program Directors
- Nursing Program Director Gateway
- NCLEX Program Data
- Program Completion Verification
- Education Forms
- Education Consultant Assignments
- Just Culture Information
- Approval for Program Expansion
- Assessing a Clinical Agency
- Suggestions for Utilization of Preceptors
- Education Communique
- New Graduates Resources & Information
- Focused Client Care Experience Guidelines
- Programs that meet Faculty .0318(g)(4)(A) Teaching/Learning Requirements
- Simulation Guidance
- Students / Public Complaints
- Continuing Education
- Board Sponsored Offerings
- Board Sponsored Bulletin Offerings
- North Carolina Nurses Vote in 2017!
- Regulatory Intelligence: A Necessary Competency for Advanced Practice Nursing
- What Could Happen: The Consequences of "Practice Drift" ... Is it Worth the Risk?
- Development of Sanctioning Guidelines for Public Discipline in Nursing Regulation: The North Carolina Board of Nursing Journey
- Creating a Healthy Work Environment is Every Nurses' Responsibility
- Who's Your Supervisor or Manager?
- Getting to Know Your Licensing Board: the North Carolina Board of Nursing at a Glance
- Uh oh, the Board of Nursing called...Complaint Reporting and Resolution
- Social Networking and Nurses
- DELEGATION: What are the Nurse's Responsibilities?
- Fitness for Duty includes Getting Your ZZZZs
- Incivility in Nursing
- Public Protection Through Safe Nurse Staffing Practice
- Competency Validation: What Does it Mean for You?
- Request an NCBON Speaker
- CNE Approval
- Unlicensed Assistive Personnel
- Medication Aide Curriculum
- Position Statements
- FAQ - Nursing Education
Programs Outside of North Carolina
Out-of-State Programs / Online Programs / Correspondence Courses
The North Carolina Board of Nursing (NCBON) approves and regulates nursing education programs in the State of NC. At this time, the Board does not approve/accredit nursing education programs which are outside of NC jurisdiction, including out-of-state online programs/correspondence courses.
The NCBON does recognize graduates from pre-licensure nursing education programs that are approved/accredited by other State Boards of Nursing as eligible to apply to take the NCLEX examination(s) and apply for licensure in NC.
For example, Excelsior College is one of these programs. Excelsior College is approved by the New York State Board of Nursing and graduates from that program may apply to take the NCLEX-RN Examination in NC and apply for licensure as a registered nurse in NC. The NCBON encourages you to deal directly with the college.
Out-of-state nursing education programs can be contacted directly for information and specific questions about the program and the program's approval/accreditation status in their state. It is recommended that individuals research the approval/accreditation status and credibility of any nursing education program before enrolling in individual courses or the entire program of study.