- Programs in North Carolina
- Nursing Education Program Statistics
- Programs Outside of North Carolina
- Internationally Educated Nurses
- Resources for Program Directors
- Nursing Program Director Gateway
- NCLEX Program Data
- Program Completion Verification
- Education Forms
- Education Consultant Assignments
- Just Culture Information
- Approval for Program Expansion
- Assessing a Clinical Agency
- Suggestions for Utilization of Preceptors
- Education Communique
- New Graduates Resources & Information
- Focused Client Care Experience Guidelines
- Programs that meet Faculty .0318(g)(4)(A) Teaching/Learning Requirements
- Students / Public Complaints
- Continuing Education
- Board Sponsored Offerings
- Board Sponsored Bulletin Offerings
- Development of Sanctioning Guidelines for Public Discipline in Nursing Regulation: The North Carolina Board of Nursing Journey
- Creating a Healthy Work Environment is Every Nurses' Responsibility
- Who's Your Supervisor or Manager?
- Getting to Know Your Licensing Board: the North Carolina Board of Nursing at a Glance
- Uh oh, the Board of Nursing called...Complaint Reporting and Resolution
- Social Networking and Nurses
- DELEGATION: What are the Nurse's Responsibilities?
- Fitness for Duty includes Getting Your ZZZZs
- Incivility in Nursing
- Public Protection Through Safe Nurse Staffing Practice
- Competency Validation: What Does it Mean for You?
- Request an NCBON Speaker
- CNE Approval
- Unlicensed Assistive Personnel
- Medication Aide Curriculum
- Position Statements
- FAQ - Nursing Education
Approval for Program Expansion
Consult with College / University Representatives
Nursing program desiring expansion consults with appropriate College/University representatives to identify additional campus resources needed to support expansion and time frame for securing resources. Examples of additional resources which might be needed include funding; faculty; support services; instructional equipment/supplies; learning resources; and office, lab, and classroom facilities.
Contact Clinical Resources
Nursing program desiring expansion makes contact with clinical resource(s), new and/or existing, to negotiate proposed rotation schedules needed to support the increase in numbers of students, and secure agreement. Complete the proposed rotation schedule and secure the clinical resource signature on the appropriate form. Note: For a new agency complete the Notification of New Clinical Resource form. For an agency used within the last two years by a generic nursing program, complete the Clinical Rotation for Program Expansion form.
Submit Complete Nursing Program Application For Expansion To Education Consultant At Least 30 Days Prior To Proposed Date Of Expansion.
Consultant Reviews Application In Relation To Law And Standards, Requests Any Needed Clarification, And Approves As Appropriate.