- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Nurse Aides
- Medication Aides
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- Certified Reg. Nurse Anesthetist
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Professional Corporations and Professional Limited Liability Companies
- Position Statements & Decision Trees
- FAQ - Nursing Practice
Your NP approval includes prescriptive authority for legend drugs and Controlled Substance Schedules II – V consistent with your scope of practice as determined by your educational preparation and national certification.
If you are going to prescribe or order controlled substances, you must obtain a DEA number.
- Website: www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov
- Call: 1-800-882-9539 (8:30 am – 6 pm EST)
- Email: DEA.Registration.Help@usdoj.gov
Dispensing of Drugs
Information regarding dispensing of drugs other than samples may be obtained from:
NC Board of Pharmacy
PO Box 4560
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
For additional information related to your NP approval to practice, please reference Nurse Practitioner topic links to the left.