This pages contains information regarding Medication Aide listing, the role of the Medication Aide and approved activities. Details of the Medication Aide role are provided in the North Carolina Board of Nursing Position Statement.
Law and Rules
- 10A NCAC 13O .0202 Registry of Medication Aides
- 21 NCAC 36 .0401 Roles of Unlicensed Personnel
- 21 NCAC 36 .0403 Qualifications
Requirements to become a Medication Aide in a Skilled Nursing Facility:
Medication Aide Registry requirements with the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation include:
- Have a High School Diploma or GED;
- Successful completion of a 24 hour Medication Aide training program approved by the Board of Nursing;
- Successful completion of a state-approved competency evaluation program; and
- Listing on the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation Medication Aide Registry
Classes-List of Medication Aide Instructors
To locate a Master Teacher or Medication Aide Registered Nurse Instructor, contact AHECs or Community Colleges, or select one of the following:
Examination and Listing Information
Visit North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation for information related to the Medication Aide Registry and information related to Medication Aide Competency and Examinations.