Upon successful completion of the online application, you may check your application status via Nurse Gateway. Licensure information can be verified on the Board's website. The Board of Nursing’s electronic database serves the primary source of licensure information for nurses in North Carolina.
- Initial Listing: $24.00
FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Valid Forms of Payment:
- Credit or Debit Card; MasterCard or Visa only
- Electronic Check (E-Check)*
- Third-Party Payments require a Certified Check or Money Order
*Per N.C.G.S. 25-3-506, a $25.00 processing fee will be charged for a Electronic Check (E-Check) refused by the bank due to insufficient funds or closed account.
- You must be listed as a Nurse Aide I on the NC Division of Health Service Regulation-Nurse Aide I Registry with no substantiated findings of abuse, neglect or misappropriation of property;
- You have successfully completed a Nurse Aide II program;
- You must submit an application within 30 business days following completion of a Nurse Aide II program; or
- For a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse nursing student, you must submit an application within 30 business days following completion of course work equivalent to above Nurse Aide II requirements.
To submit an application for initial listing, access your Nurse Gateway profile and select 'NA II APPLICATION' under the 'Licenses/Certificates' menu item.
- The Application Confirmation which serves as your official receipt will be available on your Nurse Gateway profile upon successful completion of the application process. To access, select the appropriate tile under the "Licenses/Approval to Practice/Certifications" tab on the Home screen, then select the "Files" tab on the License Information screen.
- If your email address is listed with the North Carolina Board of Nursing, you will receive a confirmation via email verifying receipt of your online application.