All Nurse Aide II Initial Listing applications must be submitted within 30 business days following completion of a Nurse Aide II program. If your application is not submitted within 30 business days, you will be required to retake the full Nurse Aide II program.
A Nurse Aide II listing is non-transferable (to or from North Carolina).
- You must be listed as a Nurse Aide I on the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation-Nurse Aide I Registry with no substantiated findings of abuse, neglect or misappropriation of property;
- You have successfully completed a Nurse Aide II program;
- You must submit an application within 30 business days following completion of a Nurse Aide II program; or
- For a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse nursing student, you must submit an application within 30 business days following completion of course work equivalent to above Nurse Aide II requirements.
How to submit...
- Access the Nurse Gateway to complete the Nurse Aide II Initial Listing application
- Create a Username and Password to access your information and applications. If you have already created a Username and Password, you will only need to log in to your profile.
- Select 'NAII Application' in the Licenses/Certificates dropdown
- Complete application
Fee Information: $24.00
FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Valid Forms of Payment
- Credit or Debit Card; MasterCard or Visa only
- Electronic Check (E-Check)*
- *Per N.C.G.S. 25-3-506, a $35.00 processing fee will be charged for a Electronic Check (E-Check) on which payment has been refused by the payor bank because of insufficient funds or because the drawer did not have an account at that bank.
- Third-Party Payments require a Certified Check or Money Order
The Application Confirmation which serves as your official receipt will be available on your Nurse Gateway profile upon successful completion of the application process. To access, select the appropriate tile under the 'Licenses/Approval to Practice/Certifications' tab on the Home screen, then select the 'Files' tab on the License Information screen.
If your email address is listed with the North Carolina Board of Nursing, you will receive a confirmation via email verifying receipt of your online application.
Upon successful completion of the online application, you may check your application status via Nurse Gateway. Licensure information can be verified on the Board's website. The Board of Nursing’s electronic database serves the primary source of licensure information for nurses in North Carolina.