If your Nurse Aide II listing expired in excess of 24 months, you are required to successfully complete a Nurse Aide II Program to be eligible for renewal.
Allow 5-7 days before your expiration date to complete this process.
Online submission of your renewal application must not be construed as automatic renewal of your listing. The North Carolina Board of Nursing must verify that you have met all the conditions for renewal before your listing is renewed.
Upon successful completion of the online application, you may check your application status via Nurse Gateway. Licensure information can be verified on the Board's website. The Board of Nursing’s electronic database serves the primary source of licensure information for nurses in North Carolina.
- Listing Renewal: $24.00
FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Valid Forms of Payment:
- Credit or Debit Card; MasterCard or Visa only
- Electronic Check (E-Check)*
- Third-Party Payments require a Certified Check or Money Order
*Per N.C.G.S. 25-3-506, a $25.00 processing fee will be charged for a Electronic Check (E-Check) refused by the bank due to insufficient funds or closed account.
Renewal of your Listing is a 2-Step Process:
- Nurse Aide II must submit the online renewal application; and
- The Registered Nurse Supervisor must complete the online Nurse Aide II Employment Verification
- You must be listed as a Nurse Aide I on the NC Division of Health Service Regulation-Nurse Aide I Registry with no substantiated findings of abuse, neglect or misappropriation of property;
- You must have performed nursing care activities for monetary compensation within the past 24 months for at least 8 hours under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse;
- You must submit an application on or before the last day of your birth month
To renew your listing, access your Nurse Gateway profile and select the 'EXPIRING SOON!' tile which indicates your listing under the 'Licenses/Approval to Practice/Certifications' tab. Select Renewal/Reinstatement on the following page.
- The Application Confirmation which serves as your official receipt will be available on your Nurse Gateway profile upon successful completion of the application process. To access, select the appropriate tile under the "Licenses/Approval to Practice/Certifications" tab on the Home screen, then select the "Files" tab on the License Information screen.
- If your email address is listed with the North Carolina Board of Nursing, you will receive a confirmation via email verifying receipt of your online application.