Data Requests & Application
The North Carolina Board of Nursing provides a service for the purchase of licensure data for any of the following:
- Registered Nurses ($430.00)
- Licensed Practical Nurses ($330.00)
- Nurse Aide II ($275.00)
- All Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (Includes Nurse Practitioners, Certified Nurse Midwives, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists and Clinical Nurse Specialists) ($225.00)
- Fees include handling charge and appropriate sales tax
- Payment Options: Credit or Debit Card (MasterCard or Visa) or Check
File Format and Method of Delivery:
- The file format will be Comma Separated Variable (CSV) or Excel Workbook (.XLSX) file which can be manipulated by Microsoft Excel, Open Office Calc or other spreadsheet software. Each different data set will result in a separate file. For example, all Licensed Practical Nurses will be in a separate file from the Registered Nurses if you request both data sets.
- File(s) will be emailed
- Allow up to five (5) business days for delivery of the data
- A data request will result in a list of records (data set) containing only nurses who are active and in good standing
Note: Information pertaining to discipline of a nurse cannot be requested
- Social Security numbers and telephone numbers are NOT included in the data
- Licensees are responsible for updating their name and address information. Therefore, the accuracy of the data on record with North Carolina Board of Nursing CANNOT be guaranteed by North Carolina Board of Nursing
- Data is current as of the time the data request is completed by North Carolina Board of Nursing
- Complete Data Request Fillable Forms - Save to your desktop (Right-click; Save As)
- Review and Sign Terms of Agreement
- Mail correct payment amount along with Data Request Form, signed Terms of Agreement and invoice to North Carolina Board of Nursing
Once the above items are received, your data set will be sent within five business days.
Questions regarding Data Requests may be emailed to General using the Contact Us Form.