Important Information about COVID-19
Continuing Education Offerings
Complaint Evaluation Tool
Periodic Review of Existing Rules
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
Live Scan Fingerprinting
9/18/20 Board Meeting
Join via conference line:
Conference ID: 361 617 819#
Business Systems Analyst
The North Carolina Board of Nursing is seeking applications for a Business Systems Analyst. Position requires project management, product support, customer support and communication with internal process owners. Applicant must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to deal courteously and professionally with all customers in a prompt and efficient manner, organize work efficiently, demonstrate attention to details and possess strong critical thinking, sound judgment and data-driven decision-making skills. Applicant must be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Major essential functions include:
• Analyze business and system processes and identify opportunities for improvement, troubleshooting issues and recommending solutions, assessing impact on business processes and developing process flows
• Identify and evaluate business needs; research, collect data and develop project specification documentation
• Monitor internal software for proper functionality, identify system deficiencies/issues, propose solutions to address issues and improvements, leverage automation where possible and project future needs to enhance system, user and customer performance
• Coordinate with developers and process owners to ensure program satisfaction, quality and compatibility
• Collaborate with multi-tasking team and various partners in data governance, reporting and quality initiatives
Education and Experience: Requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree with at least 3 to 5 years professional experience in business analytics and systems design. Technical experience preferred but not required. Prior experience in healthcare, occupational regulatory board or occupational licensure systems a plus!
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. This is a fulltime position located in Raleigh, NC office.
Send letter of interest and current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: October 23, 2020
Rapid appraisal research study being supported by NCONL. This is a global study (11 sites around the world) looking at the impact of COVID on frontline healthcare workers, specifically nurses. Dr. Freidus, an anthropology professor at UNCC (see flyer), is the principal investigator for the United States site. She is recruiting nurses who might be willing to be interviewed to share experiences and insights from working in this pandemic. The study findings will be shared in NC via NCONL and the NC Future of Nursing Action Coalition.
U.S. DHHS Issues a Declaration
United States Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) issues declaration under Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness ("PREP") Act authorizing Pharmacists to order and administer vaccines to patients aged 3-18 duriing the COVID-19 health emergency.
2020 Election Results
Results of the 2020 Election of Nurse Members to the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
BON Warning about a Scam Targeting Nurse Practitioners
The North Carolina Board of Nursing (NCBON) has received information regarding a scam targeting Nurse Practitioners. The scammers identify themselves as investigators from the NCBON via fraudulent documents from the NCBON. Learn more >>
2019-nCoV Provider Guidance
The latest information to all North Carolina clinicians and laboratory staff regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV).
Important test delivery information pertaining to COVID-19
Testing candidates may review the Pearson Vue COVID-19 Update Page to learn if their testing experience may be impacted and the latest health & safety requirements at Pearson VUE-owned test centers.