Nomination forms must be completed and postmarked on or before April 1st.
Guidelines for submitting a nomination:
- Registered Nurses can petition only for Registered Nurse nominations and Licensed Practical Nurses can petition only for Licensed Practical Nurse nominations
- Only petitions submitted on the nomination form will be considered. Photocopies or faxes are not acceptable
- The certificate number of the nominee and each petitioner must be listed on the form
- Names and certificate numbers (for each petitioner) must be legible and accurate
- Each petition shall be verified with the records of the Board to validate that each nominee and petitioner holds appropriate North Carolina licensure
- If the license of the nominee is not current, the petition shall be declared invalid
- If the license of any petitioner listed on the nomination form is not current, and that finding decreases the number of petitioners to fewer than ten, the petition shall be declared invalid
- The envelope containing the petition must be postmarked on or before April 1st for the nominee to be considered for candidacy. Petitions received after January 1st and before April 1st will be processed upon receipt
Once the nomination form has been validated, the nominee will complete a candidate packet validating their qualification as a candidate for election as outlined in Law and Rules. The completed candidate packet must be received or postmarked by April 15th. Any candidate packets received after April 15th are declared invalid.