This section provides a gateway to our content by giving users a quick guide around the available content on a specific subject, featured topic and publication.
Effective July 1, 2020, the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) implemented new regulations that professional nursing programs (Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse [APRN]) must adhere to. Regulation 34 CFR 668.43 (a) (5) (v) will require the nursing program to provide:
- A list of all states/jurisdictions where the institution’s curriculum meets state educational requirements for professional licensure or certification;
- a list of all states/jurisdictions where the institution’s curriculum does not meet state educational requirements for professional licensure or certification; and,
- a list of all states/jurisdictions where the institution has not made a determination of whether the curriculum meets state educational requirements for professional licensure or certification.
The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) provides resourceful information for graduates seeking to practice in another state. Remember, this only applies to pre-licensure nursing and APRN candidates seeking professional licensure. Each state has specific licensure requirements that can be viewed on NCSBN Board of Nursing Professional Licensure Requirements . When selecting North Carolina, you will be able to view state requirements for out-of-state nursing programs whose graduates want to test or endorse licensure to North Carolina.
Program Completion Verification
The Program Completion Verification System will allow you to verify your current and past graduates replacing the requirement of the Verification Form. Follow the instructions and prompts within the verification system. Previously submitted graduates can be reprinted for up to thirty (30) days after submission.
- Only the Dean or Director (or the officially designated person) of the Board approved North Carolina Nursing Education Program will have access to the Program Director Gateway
- The system is password protected and only one person per school can have access at any time
- NCLEX Program Data can be retrieved via the Program Director Gateway; Login for test results
Candidates tested in North Carolina and other jurisdictions.
- Application for Approval of Refresher Course
- Nursing Program Application for Expansion - March, 2017
- Faculty Vitae Form – September, 2017
- Program Descriptive Report Instructions
- Program Change Form
- Comprehensive Program Evaluation Plan
NCSBN Learning Extension
National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) provides progressive continuing education opportunities for nursing faculty, nursing students, and nurses. All courses are self-paced and allow you to decide when and where to study. Start anytime, directly online at Learning Extension.