This section provides a gateway to our content by giving users a quick guide around the available content on a specific subject, featured topic and publication.
Licensure Verification Services for:
- Registered Nurse (Permanent, Temporary, or Permit)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Permanent, Temporary, or Permit)
- Nurse Aide II
- Nurse Practitioner (Permanent or Permit)
- Certified Nurse Midwife (Permanent or Permit)
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (Permanent or Permit)
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (Permanent or Permit)
Verification of a Compact license is provided by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing via NURSYS .
Want to receive license expiration and status updates for your nurses? For yourself? As an Institution, you can enroll your entire nurse list and e-Notify will send regular updates of changes to licenses. As a nurse, you can sign up to receive license expiration reminders and status updates via email or SMS for all your licenses.Nursys e-Notify
"Advanced Practice Registered Nurse" (APRN) is an umbrella title for Registered Nurses who are Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA), Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM), Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS) or Nurse Practitioners (NP). Completion of an advanced formal education program is required for recognition to practice in any of the following categories.
Before practicing as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in North Carolina, you must (1) hold a North Carolina Registered Nurse (RN) license or another Compact State Registered Nurse license which is valid for practice in North Carolina and (2) submit an application and obtain North Carolina approval or recognition to practice as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA), Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM), Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS) or Nurse Practitioners (NP).
- Controlled Substances Reporting System (CSRS)
- Nurse Practitioner
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Recognition
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Request Name-Address Change
- Nurse Licensure Compact Information
- Request Retired-Inactive Nurse Status
- U.S. Military Graduate Requirements